Saturday 17 March 2007

Let there be blog

So here goes. My first blog. I have been tempted before to set up and more importantly keep a regular blog, but never got past one or two initial posts before other things kept eating up my time - and the need to keeping a blog seemed infinitely less important than say spending quality time with my tele.

Yet another attempt goes here - and why? Why not just keep a good old diary or notebook, which has served plenty of people well in the centuries past to record and structure their thoughts, emotions, insights etc. Exhibitionism ? Some desperate need to gain attention? Somehow, plenty of negative associations used to define my position on setting up my own blog.

And it is not just that it seems to be one of those things that up-to-speed, self-respecting over-achievers seem to be doing these days. After all, that would still have nothing to do with me.

I think it has more to do with the fact that over the past 12 months or so I became a regular and quite enthusiastic reader of a variety of blogs, mainly in the mobile sphere, to catch up on the latest buzz and thinking and developments in the industry. And it made me realize that apart from helping to record and structure my thoughts and insights etc. the additional benefit of blogs of course is their networking and public properties - the opportunity to potentially interact with countless others and receive feedback, further ideas, hints from unexpected corners of the web and world. I fully intend to still keep the part of my life that I consider private out of this blog - but what cognitive and perceptive in- and output I find worth sharing and putting out there for peer review can henceforth be found here.

Prost.